Thursday, June 10, 2010

Richie's birthday.

Richie turned 24 on June 3rd. 24! He has been home from his mission almost 3 years! Where has time gone.

It has been kind of a different birthday. When he was visiting one night I learned that he is sleeping on the floor at the house because the twin bed there is not good, so for his birthday his dad and I got him a bed.

We went out to dinner, as usual, to the Cheese Cake Factory, but we didn't have a cake for him. I told him I would get him one when I got home from choir tour. So it was kind of weird...no gift to open, no cake.

I am very grateful for Richie, grateful he is my son, grateful for all he teaches me, grateful for his perspectives and views. I know he would be surprised to know I feel this way, but it opens my mind and makes me think.

I want to honor him and remember him with some of the photos he has taken since his mission. These photos make me smile.

Love you, Rich!
Richie in Hawaii.

Hawaii, again.


Hawaii.

Hawaii.



Hiking.

Halloween.


A goth party.

Love his smile.


Richie's on a bowling league.

Richie does this thing with a group of his friends, they call "Cheese Day." They go up to SLC and visit several unique food stores and spend lots of money on specialty food items. Of course, one of the stores is a cheese store.

No comments: