Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mapleton Chorale Choir Tour

Mapleton Chorale 2nd Annual Tour. June 3-5, 2010.

Well another year of touring and what a great time I had. We went to SLC, UT and had a great time together.

We left Thursday afternoon taking a bus to our hotel in Salt Lake. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on 400 South and 300 West.

I stayed in a room with Beth Jepson. I had a great time getting to know her.

Our first engagement was a rehearsal at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. So Beth and I got on our walking shoes and walked up to Temple Square.



Friday morning we again met in the Assembly Hall and had a workshop with Ryan Murphy, the assistant director of the Tabernacle Choir. How did we get such a celebrity to do a workshop for us? He use to be the Mapleton Choir director for 5 years before he moved to Boston to go to school.

It was so good! I learned so much! I am so amazed by his knowledge. Loved it so much.



After our workshop, a group of gals from the chorale went to eat lunch across the street at an awesome restaurant called "The Blue Lemon." It is a healthy delicious new restaurant.

I love sugar cookies and I bought this one at the Blue Lemon.

Our next stop was at the Stake Capital for a tour and we sang a few songs.



Next stop was the conference center for a tour and again we sang a few songs.
Next....Dinner at the Lion House Pantry. I was in charge of arranging the two evening meals, including this one. I heard many remarks that it was a great place to eat. I was happy to hear it. It was a good choice. I was very glad we went there.

That evening we had a wild party at the hotel. Our party committee put on a great party. We had a bunch of get to know you games.

Julie participated in this game of stuffing marshmellows in your mouth.


This was a "minute to win it game" where the participants had to be elephants and knock over water bottles. It was so funny!


I won this game. We were competing to see who could unwrap a Starburst in their mouth first. LIke I said, I WON!


Saturday morning, our last day of tour and our biggest one because we would perform at in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, started off with singing at a morningside for the Felt family reunion. Jonathan and Melody Felt are in the choir and organized this. There was a marvelous presentation on the life of on of the women that was executed in the Salem witchcraft days. She was a ancestor of the Felt family.


There were also two guests, decendents of Joseph and Hyrum Smith who came and spoke and brought heirlooms from the Smith family, like the box the golden plates were hid in and a stool and bell that belonged to the Smith family.


We visited the SLC cemetary and walked around and sang. Those we saw thombstones for were: many presidents of the church, Orrin Porter Rockwell, William W. Phelps.


We visited the "This is the Place Monument."

We ate dinner at Chuck O Rama.

We walked around Temple Square.This photo was taken by Vicki of the relica of the SL temple. We thought our silloettes in the photo were so funny.


Then we had our concert at the Assembly Hall.

It was an amazing concert, a privilege to sing with this chorale.

I loved every minute of this tour. I am so blessed to be a part of it.

Then we loaded the bus and to home sweet home.

No comments: