Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day at the Cemetary




Memorial day in the Case family has fond memories for me. I remember cutting flowers from our yard: lilacs, peonies and roses. We put them in large tin cans. We make hooks from wire hangers. Then packing a picnic and we head for Heber where my family on my mother's side is buried and to Mt. Emmons, where my dad's family are buried. Sometimes, we go two separate days to go both places.

Things have changed with the passing of mom and dad. They are buried in Sandy and so now their children, my siblings, visit them.

It is always a solemn occasion for me. There is a feeling of reverence when I visit.

My parents were wonderful people. I have wonderful memories of them.

I am very happy to honor them this day...each year.

Love you Mom and Dad.






No comments: