Sunday, October 11, 2009

Atlanta

With my new job I travel a bit. It is so fun because I am treated very well. I am usually picked up by a limo and taken to a fine hotel. I am wined and dined for two days as I attend meetings. This trip was to Atlanta in Oct 2009.


I stayed at the W Hotel. It is one of my favorites so far. It is very modern. This is a rug in the elevator that they change three times a day, good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Awesome. There was iced herbal tea waiting in the afternoon for guests who had been out all day in the hot sun. I loved this place.

Loved to see the Georgia peach license plate every where I went. I'm in Georgia, I had to keep telling myself.

I usually do not have a lot of time to sight see so I pack as much in as possible. This trip I took the bus system downtown and walked to Olympic Park where the Olympics were held in 1996. It was beautiful and inspiring.


I then went over to the Coca Cola museum where it got its start. Great tour. I thought of Ian the whole time. He collects Coca Cola products.

These were coca cola bottles make of different things, very intricate detail.

Inside the Coca Cola Museum where we could sample the different soda varieties from all over the world.

We got to take a bottle of coke away with us.


On my walk through town I passed by CNN headquarters. Pretty impressive.

No comments: